Saturday, November 23, 2013

Headstand on the beach, check!

For those non-yogis out there, this may not be thrill you as much as it does me.  I love headstands. Over the last few years, I have actually gotten kind of  good (read: really good) at them.  Today, I was at the beach and decided to try one (unaided without a wall or spot).  Anyway, I not only got up, but better then that I didn't fall.  I finally figured it out.  I did it three times (no idea for how long).  I will continue to practice these unaided on the beach.  The goal is to hold it for five minutes!  Let's see how long it takes to get there...pretty sure I held one last night (aided by a wall) for about 3.5 to 4 minutes.

Negative to beach headstands (even on a blanket): One ends up with sand in their hair.  I am gonna think of it as exfoliating my scalp.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment