1) The Art of Hearing Heartbeats - This book had me from the first page literally. It was a different kind of love story and reminded me a bit of "Eat, Pray, Love."
2) Rules of Civility - A dear friend in NYC gave me this book for Christmas. She said it was her favorite book EVER. I understand why. It has lovely characters with NYC as the backdrop. What's not to love?
3) The Book Thief - This book is amazing and such a different perspective on Nazi Germany.
4) The Bone Season - The best description for this book is Harry Potter meets Hunger Games. It's magical and futuristic. I LOVED this book. It's part of a series!
5) The Great Gatspy - I reread this book before I went to the see the movie a few years ago. I forgot how great a book it is! It's definitely worth reading every few years!
6) The Lost Art of Mixing - This book was a lovely tale of how different people's lives are intertwined in a small community.
7) The Help - I mean what's not to love about this book, right?
8) Terrorists At The Bus Stop - It's a great mystery thriller with Charleston as the backdrop. I can't wait for his next book...but I am a bit bias as it's my dad's first book.
9) Night Circus - I love when a dear friend recommends either a great book or music. This is such a sweet novel thus making the 5 star book recommendation list!
10) The Light Between Oceans - This is one of those sweet books that pulls you in from the first page. And because I do not know how to lie, it made me donkey cry happy tears in the end!
11) The Mime Order - This is a much awaited sequel to The Bone Season. It did not disappoint. Can't wait for the third book.
13) Wreckage by Emily Bleeker - I absolutely LOVED this book from the first page. I gave it to a friend to read and she's carrying it in the car in case she can read it at a stop light...it's THAT good! This book makes my top 3 favorite books in 2015 list!
14) The Storied Life Of A.J. Fikry - Oh boy! I can't say enough about this book. It's a gem start to finish
16) We Never Asked for Wings
17) Our Souls At Night - Oh this book tells an unconventional story and get your attention from the first chapter!
18) Overseas - This book is one of my three favorites in 2015. I didn't want it to end.
19) The Secret - A friend recommended this book years ago to me. For some reason, I never read it. I was looking for a book to download on a recent road trip and decided on this one. Sidebar: First time I ever downloaded a book for road trip - can you say AMAZING? I've been practicing this notion of "manifesting the life you want" for years....but this book took it to a new level for me. And can you say perfect timing as the new year is on horizon? This book also makes my top 3 favorite books in 2015!
20) Love Does - A dear friend gave me this book for Christmas! It's a gem of a book. Great way to approach life too!
21) Same Kind of Different As Me - Pure <3 for this one!
22) Along the Infinite Sea - This is the third book I had read by
Beatriz Williams. Her book Overseas was one of my favorite reads in 2015. This book is a gem from the first page!
I will keep adding to this list so check back. What are some of YOUR favorite books EVER?