Tuesday, November 19, 2013

An open heart

Do you live your life with an "open heart"?  Are you TRULY open to all the possibilities?  Do you tend to have a plan in your mind of how you think life is gonna turn out?  I came across this picture on Mashable that I think is how MOST of us think about our life vs. reality


As my yoga instructor and friend Paula says: "Life is hard.  We must do the hard work daily though!" As I embark on this new life in Wilmington, NC living 2 miles (yes count them 1, 2) from the beach and start a new job, I am striving daily to have an "open heart."  I am being pushed out of my comfort zone which is both exciting and a bit nerve wracking at the same time.

More about the job (as many of you have asked): I start on 12/2 at boutique agency as the VP of Digital.  I am super excited about the new gig and amazing team that I will join!!  More to details to come in upcoming weeks on the new gig.

Anyway, it's quite interesting what life hands you (in a good way) when you walk through life w/ an open heart (at least so far on day 6 in my new beach town).  I've met some amazing people - some I may never see or talk to again and others I may...but no matter what I am engaging in life and loving it!
A few random stories:
1) Yesterday, I tried out a new yoga studio (Wilmington Yoga Center).  Before class, I started talking with another student (an older lady).  After class, she said: "Katie, if you need a tour guide, just call me!"
2) I met a couple on the beach (after I asked if I could pet their dog).  The man was originally from New York and had lived in Charlotte for 20 years.
3) I talked to a random surfer about surfing (which I am just in awe of).  It also didn't hurt that he was totally hot.

There are many more stories like this that have happened....but those are a few of them!  Now, I must STOP procrastinating and study for my driver's license test.  Try to have an open heart today and be truly open to all the possibilities in life.  Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment